Adam Reusner, 1533; German text
In Thee, Lord, have I put my trust;|
Leave me not helpless in the dust,
Let me not be confounded.
Let in Thy Word My faith, O Lord,
Be always firmly grounded.
2. Bow down Thy gracious ear to me
3. My God and Shield, now let Thy power
4. Thou art my Strength, my Shield, my Rock,|
My Fortress that withstands each shock,
My Help, my Life, my Treasure.
Whate'er the rod, Thou art my God;
Naught can resist Thy pleasure.
5. The world for me has falsely set
6. With Thee, Lord, have I cast my lot;
7. All honor, praise, and majesty|
To Father, Son, and Spirit be,
Our God forever glorious,
In whose rich grace We'll run our race
Till we depart victorious.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |