Unknown, 1791, tr. by August Crull, 1923; German text
God loved the world so that He gave|
His only Son the lost to save
That all who would in Him believe
Should everlasting life receive.
2. Christ Jesus is the Ground of faith,
3. God would not have the sinner die,
4. Be of good cheer, for God's own Son|
Forgives all sins which thou hast done;
Thou'rt justified by Jesus' blood,
Thy Baptism grants the highest good.
5. If thou be sick, if death draw near,
6. Glory to God the Father, Son,
| Hymn Index | Home Page |