Martin Luther; German text
Come, God Creator, Holy Ghost,|
And visit thou these souls of men;
Fill them with graces, as thou dost,
Thy creatures make pure again.
2. For Comforter thy name we call.
3. Our minds illumine and refresh,
4. Thou with thy wondrous sevenfold gifts|
The finger art of God's right hand;
The Father's word thou sendest swift
On tongues of fire to each land.
5. Drive far from us our wily foe;
6. Teach us the Father well to know,
7. Praise to the Father, and the Son|
Who from the dead is risen again;
Praise to the Comforter be done
Both now and ever. Amen.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |