O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
Latin hymn, 12th century, translated by John Neale, 1852
|O come, O come Emmanuel, |
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here,
Until the Son of God appear.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel!
2. Oh, come, oh, come, great Lord of might,
3. Oh, come, strong branch of Jesse, free
|4. Oh, come, Thou Key of David, come|
And open wide our heavenly home:
Make safe the way that leads on high
And close the path to misery.
5. O Come Thou Dayspring, from on high
6. O come, Thou Wisdom from on high,
7. O come desire of nations, bind