Come, Your Hearts and Voices Raising
Paul Gerhardt, 1667; German text
|Come, your hearts and voices raising,|
Christ the Lord with gladness praising;
Loudly sing His love amazing,
Worthy folk of Christendom.
2. Sin and death may well be groaning,
3. See how God, for us providing,
4. Christ, from heaven to us descending
|5. Jacob's Star in all its splendor|
Beams with comfort sweet and tender,
Forcing Satan to surrender,
Breaking all the powers of hell.
6. From the bondage that oppressed us,
7. Oh, the joy beyond expressing
8. Gracious Child, we pray Thee, hear us,