The Milch Kine Drawing the Ark: Faith's Surrender of All
John Newton, 1779, from Olney Hymns, vol. 1, hymn 27
|The kine unguided went|
By the directest road;
When the Philistines homeward sent
The ark of Israel's God.
2. Lowing they passed along,
3. Shall brutes, devoid of thought,
4. He shed his precious blood
|5. If he his will reveal,|
Let us obey his call;
And think whate'er the flesh may feel,
His love deserves our all.
6. We should maintain in view
7. His saints should stand prepared
8. With Jesus for our guide,