Soldiers of the Cross, Arise
William W. How, 1854
|Soldiers of the Cross, arise,|
Gird you with your armour bright.
Mighty are your enemies,
Hard the battle ye must fight.
2. O'er a faithless, fallen world
3. Mid the homes of want and woe,
4. Where the shadows deepest lie,
|5. To the weary and the worn|
Tell of realms where sorrows cease;
To the outcast and forlorn
Speak of mercy and of peace.
6. Guard the helpless, seek the strayed,
7. Be the banner still unfurled,
8. Praise with songs of holy glee,