Let God Arise in All His Might
Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
|Let God arise in all his might,|
And put the troops of hell to flight,
As smoke that sought to cloud the skies
Before the rising tempest flies.
2. He comes arrayed in burning flames
3. He rides and thunders through the sky;
4. The widow and the fatherless
|5. He breaks the captive's heavy chain,|
And prisoners see the light again;
But rebels that dispute his will
Shall dwell in chains and darkness still.
6. Kingdoms and thrones to God belong;
7. He shakes the heav'ns with loud alarms;
8. Proclaim him King, pronounce him blest;