Ralph H. Chaplin
When the Union's inspiration|
Through the worker's blood shall run,
There can be no power greater
Anywhere beneath the sun,
Yet what force on earth is weaker
Than the feeble strength of one?
But the Union makes us strong.
|: Solidarity forever! :|
For the Union makes us strong.
2. Is there aught we hold in common
3. It is we who plowed the prairies;
4. All the world that's owned by idle drones,|
Is ours and ours alone.
We have laid the wide foundations;
Built it skywards, stone by stone.
It is ours, and not to slave in,
But to master and to own,
While the Union makes us strong.
5. They have taken untold millions
6. In our hands is placed a pot
| Song Index | Home Page |