We are a band of brothers from home and kindred far,|
The glory of old Texas in Southern border war,
For like a fiery billow we dash upon the foe,
And well the music of our carbines the Yankee troopers know.
To the battle front away,
Away! to the Enemy's lines,
We lead the fight to day.
2. Through the blinding smoke of battle, like a red hot glare of flame,
3. That banner is our glory, 'tis sacred in our eyes,
4. All Mississippi's borders are teeming with our fame,
5. But the State, boy, of all others, this side of home we know
6. Then let us throw our Kisses to the girls who hold us dear
This song is from the Batchelor-Turner Letter Collection and may have been composed by George Turner. On the back of it was penciled a map of Rome, Georgia and the surrounding area.
| Song Index | Home Page |