Tell us not we will make blunders,|
That our hopes are but a dream,
What reck we of Lincoln's thunders,
They are not the things they seem.
2. The Southrons all are bold and fearless,
3. We've the generals that are wanted,
4. Then they've Bombastes F. Butler,|
Conqueror of a pump so brave,
Lying, swearing, whiskey-gutter,
Harborer of many a slave.
5. Let us then be up and doing,
6. While we've Lee and Johnson peerless,
7. So farewell "old Fuss and Feathers,"|
Good bye "Picayune" also,
You'll make excellent bell weathers,
To lose a fight in a week or so.
| Song Index | Home Page |