"The Composer Is The Disposer"
To SHERIDAN and SHERMAN, great merit is due,|
They routed the Rebels each place they went to.
In the Shenandoah Valley they struck a home blow,
Where SHERIDANwhipped EARLY, who was a great foe.
SHERMAN was a good leader without a mistake,
When he marched through Georgia, Atlanta to take,
He routed the Rebels right out of there,
And chased them like deers in his march every where.
2. When he marched to Savannah he acted well,
3. He gave his good Union neighbors for to understand,
4. He beseiged Charleston, just like old Troy,
5. I am well pleased at the great Union sway,
6. Now to conclude and to finish my song,
| Song Index | Home Page |