Attributed to Septimus Winner, 1869
My wife and I lived all alone,|
In a little log hut we called our own;
She loved gin and I loved rum,
I tell you we had lots of fun.
|: Ha! Ha! Ha! you and me,
Little Brown Jug don't I love thee! :|
2. 'Tis you who makes my friends and foes,
3. When I go toiling to my farm
4. If I'd a cow that gave such milk,|
I'd clothe her in the finest silk
I'd feed her on the choicest hay,
And milk her forty times a day.
5. The rose is red, my nose is too
6. Went for a walk on the railroad track,
| Song Index | Home Page |