I was born almost ten thousand years ago,|
And there's nothin' in the world that I don't know;
I saw Peter, Paul and Moses,
And I'm here to lick the guy what says 'tain't so.
2. I saw Satan when he looked the garden o'er,
3. I saw Jonah when he'mbarked within the whale,
4. I saw Samson when he laid the village cold,|
And saw Daniel tame the lions in the hold,
And helped build the tower of Babel,
Up as high as they were abel,
And there's lots of other things I haven't told.
5. I taught Solomon his little A-B-C's
6. Queen Elizabeth, she fell in love with me.
7. I remember when the country had a king.|
I saw Cleopatra pawn her wedding ring,
And I saw the flags a-flyin'
When George Washington stopped lyin',
On the night when Patti first began to sing.
| Song Index | Home Page |