John Greenleaf Whittier, 1867
Immortal love, forever full,|
Forever flowing free,
Forever shared, forever whole,
A never ebbing sea!
2. Our outward lips confess the name
3. We may not climb the heavenly steeps
4. But warm, sweet, tender, even yet,|
A present help is He;
And faith still has its Olivet,
And love its Galilee.
5. The healing of His seamless dress
6. Through Him the first fond prayers are said
7. O Lord and Master of us all,|
Whate'er our name or sign,
We own Thy sway, we hear Thy call,
We test our lives by Thine.
| Song Index | Home Page |