Hail! thou noble hearted lawyer,|
Advocate of human rights,
Foe to scoundrels--friend to justice,
Brightest of Blackstonian lights.
2. Though thy word is now kept under,
3. Habeus Corpus acts suspended,
4. Be yet patient brave old lawyer,|
You have done a noble part,
And the prayers of injured freemen,
Goes to heaven from every heart.
5. That God's blessing may come on you,
6. Oh you tribe of feathered peacocks,
7. Think you that your cash will save you,|
Butterflies of half an hour,
The sword of Justice now hangs o'er you,
Scamper! e'er you feel its power.
| Song Index | Home Page |