E. Bowers and P. B. Isaacs
Come raise me in your arms, dear brother,|
And let me see that glorious sun,
For I am weary, faint, and dying,
How could that battle lost or won.
2. I remember you, my brother,
3. Father fighting for the Union,
4. He who loved us in our childhood,|
Taught us infant prayers we said;
Brother, I am surely dying,
Shall soon be numbered with the dead.
5. Do you ever think of mother
6. Write a letter to my mother,
7. Brother, take from me a warning,|
Keep that secret you have won,
For it would kill our aged old mother
If she knew what you have done.
| Song Index | Home Page |