Ray Palmer, 1875
Come, Jesus, from the sapphire throne,|
Where Thy redeemed behold Thy face;
Enter this temple, now Thine own,
And let Thy glory fill the place.
2. We praise Thee that today we see
3. Oft as returns the day of rest,
4. Here in the dark and sorrowing day|
Bid Thou the throbbing heart be still.
Oh, wipe the mourner's tears away
And give new strength to meet Thy will!
5. Here in baptismal water pure
6. When at Thine altar we shall meet
7. Come, faithful Shepherd, feed Thy sheep;|
In Thine own arms the lambs enfold.
Give help to climb the heavenward steep
Till Thy full glory we behold.
| Song Index | Home Page |