There were three brothers in merry Scotland|
In Scotland there lived brothers three
And they did cast lots which of them should go,
For to turn robber all on the salt sea.
2. The lot it fell first upon Henry Martin
3. He had not been sailing but a long winter's night
4. "Hello, hello!" cried Henry Martin,
5. "O no, o no!" cried Henry Martin|
That thing it never can be
For I have turned robber all on the salt sea,
For to maintain my two brothers and me.
6. So lower your topsail and bail up your mizzen
7. Then broadside and broadside and at it they went
8. The rich merchant vessel was wounded full sore
9. Sad news, sad news to old England came|
Sad news to fair London town
There was a rich vessel and she's cast away
And all of her merry men drowned.
| Shanty Song Index | Home Page |