It was in the year of forty four,|
In March the second day,
That our gallant ship her anchors weighed,
And for the sea they bore away,
And for sea they bore away.
2. And when we came to far Greenland,
3. Our bosun went to topmast high
4. Our captain stood on the quarterdeck,|
And a brave little man was he.
"Overhaul, overhaul, on your davit tackles fall
And launch your boats for sea,
Brave boys, And launch your boats for sea."
5. We struck the whale, away he went,
6. O, Greenland is an awful place,
| Song Index | Home Page |