It was Friday morn when we set sail,|
And we were not far from the land
When our Captain he spied a mermaid so fair
With a comb and a glass in her hand.
And the ocean waves do roll
And the stormy winds do blow
And we poor sa-li-ors go skippin' at the top
While the landlubbers lie down below!
2. Then up spoke the captain of our gallant ship
3. Then up spoke the mate of our gallant ship,
4. Then up spoke the cabin-boy of our gallant ship,|
And a brave young lad was he!
Said "I have a sweetheart in Salem by the sea,
And tonight she'll be weepin' there for me!"
5. Then up spoke the cook of our gallant ship,
6. Then three times round spun our gallant ship,
| Shanty Song Index | Home Page |