Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies,|
Farwell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain;
For we've received orders for to sail to old England;
But we hope in a short time to see you again.
2. *We'll rant and we'll roar like true British sailors,
3. Then we hove our ship to with the wind at sou'west, boys,
4. Now the first land we made it is called the Deadman,|
Then, Ramshead off Plymouth, Start, Portland, and Wight;
We passed by Beechy, by Fairleigh and Dungeness,
And hove our ship to, off South Foreland Light.
5. Then a signal was made for the grand fleet to anchor,
6. Now let every man drink off his full bumper
| Song Index | Home Page |