On the fourteenth of February we sailed from the land|
In the bold Princess Royal bound for Newfoundland
We had forty bright seamen our ship’s company
So boldly from the Eastward to the Westward bore we.
2. We had not been sailing scarce days two or three
3. Great God cried our captain what shall we do now
4. It was the next morning at the dawning of the day|
This lofty large pirate shot under our lee
Whence came you cried the pirate we answered him so
We are out of fair London bound for Callao.
5. Then back your main topsails and heave your ship to
6. He chased us to the Eastward all that livelong day
7. Oh now cried our captain the pirate is gone|
Go down for your grog boys go down every one
Go down for your grog boys and be of good cheer
For while we’ve got sea room bold lads never fear.
| Shanty Song Index | Home Page |