Andrew Rose, the British sailor|
Now to you his woes I'll name
'Twas on the passage from Barbados
Whilst on board the Mary Jane.
Wasn't that most cruel usage
Without a friend to interpose?
How they've whipped and mangled,
Gagged and strangled
The British sailor, Andrew Rose.
2. 'Twas on the quarter-deck they laid him,
3. 'Twas up aloft the Captain sent him
4. The captain gave him stuff to swallow;|
Stuff to you I will not name,
Whilst the crew got sick with horror,
While on board the Mary Jane.
5. 'Twas in a water-cask they put him;
6. For twenty days they did ill-use him,
7. Come all ye friends and near relations,
| Song Index | Home Page |