Long Drag Shanty
Right: Stanton H. King, King's Book of Chanties, 1918
A long, long time, and a long time ago,|
To me way, hay, o-hio!
A long, long time, and a long time ago,
A long time ago!
2. A smart Yankee packet lay out in the bay,
3. With all her poor sailors sick and all sad,
4. She was waiting for a fair wind to get under way,
A dollar a day is a stevedore's pay|
To me way ha ha yah!
Dollar a day, I heard them say,
And a long time ago.
2. I bought in Hong Kong a pretty silk dress,
3. My Bess is fair and sweet to view,
4. I thought I heard our second mate say,
| Song Index | Home Page |