A is the anchor that holds a bold ship,|
B is the bowsprit that often does dip,
C is the capstan on which we do wind, and
D is the davits on which the jolly boat hangs.
Oh, hi derry, hey derry, ho derry down,
Give sailors their grog and there's nothing goes wrong,
So merry, so merry, so merry are we,
No matter who's laughing at sailors at sea.
2. E is the ensign, the red, white, and blue,
3. I is the irons where the stuns'l boom sits,
4. M is the main mast, so stout and so strong,|
N is the north point that never points wrong,
O are the orders of which we must be'ware, and
P are the pumps that cause sailors to swear.
5. Q is the quadrant, the sun for to take,
6. U is the ugliest old Captain of all,
| Song Index | Home Page |