Horatius Bonar, 1855
Here, O my Lord, I see Thee face to face;|
Here would I touch and handle things unseen;
Here grasp with firmer hand eternal grace,
And all my weariness upon Thee lean.
2. This is the hour of banquet and of song;
3. Here would I feed upon the bread of God,
4. I have no help but thine; nor do I need|
Another arm save thine to lean upon;
It is enough, my Lord, enough indeed;
My strength is in thy might, thy might alone.
5. Mine is the sin, but thine the righteousness:
6. Too soon we rise; the symbols disappear;
7. Feast after feast thus comes and passes by;|
Yet, passing, points to the glad feast above,
Giving sweet foretaste of the festal joy,
The Lamb's great bridal feast of bliss and love.
| Song Index | Home Page |