Ascribed to Peter Abelard, 1079-1142, translated by John Mason Neale, 1864
What the joy and the glory must be|
Those endless Sabbaths the blessed ones see;
Crown for the valiant, to weary ones rest
God shall be all, and in all ever blest.
2. What are the Monarch, his court, and his throne?
3. Truly Jerusalem name we that shore,
4. There, where no troubles distraction can bring,|
We the sweet anthems of Sion shall sing;
While for thy grace, Lord, their voices of praise
Thy blessed people eternally raise.
5. There dawns no Sabbath, no Sabbath is o'er,
6. Now, in the meanwhile, with hearts raised on high,
7. Low before him with our praises we fall,|
Of whom, and in whom, and through whom are all;
Of whom, the Father; and in whom, the Son;
Through whom, the Spirit, with them ever One.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |