Johann Walther, 1552; German text
The Bridegroom soon will call us:|
Come, all ye wedding-guests!
May not His voice appal us
While slumber binds our breasts!
May all our lamps be burning
And oil be found in store
That we, with Him returning,
May open find the door!
2. There shall we see delighted
3. They will not blush to own us
4. Our Father, rich in blessing,|
Will give us crowns of gold
And, to His bosom pressing,
Impart a bliss untold,
Will welcome with embraces
Of never-ending love,
And deck us with His graces
In blissful realms above.
5. In yonder home shall never
6. In mansions fair and spacious
7. Thus God shall from all evil|
Forever make us free,
From sin and from the devil,
From all adversity,
From sickness, pain, and sadness,
From troubles, cares, and fears,
And grant us heavenly gladness
And wipe away our tears.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |