Johann Mentzer, 1704; German text
Oh that I had a thousand voices|
To praise my God with thousand tongues!
My heart, which in the Lord rejoices,
Would then proclaim in grateful songs
To all, wherever I might be,
What great things God hath done for me.
3. O all ye powers that He implanted,
6. Ye forest leaves so green and tender,
7. All creatures that have breath and motion,|
That throng the earth, the sea, the sky,
Now join me in my heart's devotion,
Help me to raise His praises high,
My utmost powers can ne'er aright
Declare the wonders of His might.
8. Lord, I will tell, while I am living,
12. O Father, deign Thou, I beseech Thee,
| Hymn Index | Home Page |