Sebastian Besnault, tr. by John Chandler, 1837
O blessed day when first was poured|
The blood of our redeeming Lord!
O blessed day when Christ began
His saving work for sinful man!
2. While from His mother's bosom fed,
3. Scarce come to earth, His Father's will
4. In love our guilt He undertakes;|
Sinless, for sin atonement makes.
The great Lawgiver for our aid
Obedient to the Law is made.
5. The wound He through the Law endures
6. Lord, circumcise our heart, we pray,
7. O Lord, the Virgin-born, to Thee|
Eternal praise and glory be,
Whom with the Father we adore
And Holy Ghost forevermore.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |