Nikolaus Selnecker et al., 1611; German text
Lord Jesus Christ, with us abide,|
For round us falls the eventide;
Nor let Thy Word, that heavenly light,
For us be ever veiled in night.
2. In these last days of sore distress
3. Lord Jesus, help, Thy Church uphold,
4. Oh, keep us in Thy Word, we pray;
5. O God, how sin's dread works abound!|
Throughout the earth no rest is found,
And falsehood's spirit wide has spread,
And error boldly rears its head.
6. The haughty spirits, Lord, restrain
7. And since the cause and glory, Lord,
8. A trusty weapon is Thy Word,
9. Oh, grant that in Thy holy Word|
We here may live and die, dear Lord;
And when our journey endeth here,
Receive us into glory there.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |