Ludwig von Zinzendorf, 1739
Jesus, Thy blood and righteousness|
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.
2. Bold shall I stand in that great Day,
3. The holy, meek, unspotted Lamb,
4. Lord, I believe Thy precious blood,|
Which at the mercy-seat of God
Forever doth for sinners plead,
For me--e'en for my soul--was shed.
5. Lord, I believe were sinners more
6. When from the dust of death I rise
7. Jesus, be endless praise to Thee,|
Whose boundless mercy hath for me,
For me, and all Thy hands have made,
An everlasting ransom paid.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |