Ascribed to John Huss, 1415, from the Latin; the English follows Luther's version, omitting verses 6 and 10.
Jesus Christ, our blessed Savior,|
Turned away God's wrath forever;
By His bitter grief and woe
He saved us from the evil Foe.
2. As His pledge of love undying
3. Whoso to this Board repaireth
4. Praise the Father, who from heaven
5. Thou shalt hold with faith unshaken|
That this food is to be taken
By the sick who are distrest,
By hearts that long for peace and rest.
6. Christ says: "Come, all ye that labor,
7. "Useless were for thee My Passion,
8. If thy heart this truth professes
| Hymn Index | Home Page |