Magnus Brostrup Landstad, 1861
I know of a sleep in Jesus' name,|
A rest from all toil and sorrow;
Earth folds in her arms my weary frame
And shelters it till the morrow;
My soul is at home with God in heaven,
Her sorrows are past and over.
2. I know of a peaceful eventide;
3. I know of a morning bright and fair
4. Oh, that is a morning dear to me,|
And oft, o'er the mountains streaming,
In spirit its heavenly light I see
As golden the peaks are beaming.
Then sing I for joy like birds at dawn
That carol in lofty lindens.
5. God's Son to our graves then takes His way,
6. O Jesus, draw near my dying bed
7. Now opens the Father's house above,
The names of the blest are given,
Lord, gather us there; let none we love
Be missed in the joys of heaven.
Oh, grant to us all a place with Thee;
We ask through our dear Redeemer.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |