Johann Rist, 1642; German text
Help us, O Lord! Behold, we enter|
Upon another year today;
In Thee our hopes and thoughts now center,
Renew our courage for the way.
New life, new strength, new happiness,
We ask of Thee, -- oh, hear and bless!
4. May every plan and undertaking
8. Be this a time of grace and pardon.
13. And may this year to me be holy;|
Thy grace so fill my every thought
That all my life be pure and lowly
And truthful, as a Christian's ought.
So make me while yet dwelling here
Pious and blest from year to year.
15. Jesus, be with me and direct me;
16. And grant, Lord, when the year is over,
| Hymn Index | Home Page |