Unknown, 1609, 1612, v1-7 tr. by Catherine Winkworth, 1863; German text
For me to live Is Jesus.|
To die is gain for me;
Then, whensoe'er He pleases,
I meet death willingly.
2. For Christ, my Lord and Brother,
3. My woes are nearly over,
4. Lord, when my powers are failing,
5. When mind and thought, O Savior,|
Are flickering like a light
That to and fro doth waver
Ere 'tis extinguished quite.
6. In that last hour, oh, grant me
7. And so to Thee still cleaving
8.Amen! Thou, Christ, my Savior.
| Hymn Index | Home Page |