Draw nigh and take the body of the Lord|
And drink the holy blood for you outpoured.
Offered was He for greatest and for least,
Himself the Victim and Himself the Priest.
2. He that His saints in this world rules and shields
To all believers life eternal yields,
With heavenly bread makes them that hunger whole,
Gives living waters to the thirsting soul.
3. Approach ye, then, with faithful hearts sincere
And take the pledges of salvation here.
O Judge of all, our only Saviour Thou,
In this Thy feast of love be with us now.
4. By that pure body and that holy blood
Saved and refreshed, we render thanks to God.
Salvation's Giver, Christ, the only Son,
By His dear cross and blood the world hath won.
5. Victims were offered by the Law of old,
Which in a type this heavenly mystery told.
He, Lord of light and Saviour of our race,
Hath given to His saints a wondrous grace.
* He, Ransomer from death, and Light from shade
Now gives his holy grace, his saints to aid.
Alpha and Omega, to whom shall bow
All nations at the doom, is with us now.