Baron Friedrich Rudolph Ludwig von Canitz, 1654-1699; tr. Henry J. Buckoll, 1838
Come, my soul, thou must be waking|
Now is breaking
O'er the earth another day:
Come, to him who made this splendour
See thou render
All thy feeble strength can pay.
2. Gladly hail the sun returning,
3. Pray that he may prosper ever
4. Think that he thy ways beholdeth;|
Every fault that lurks within;
He the hidden shame glossed over
And discern each deed of sin.
5. Mayest thou on life's last morrow,
6. Only God's free gifts abuse not,
| Song Index | Home Page |