Michael Weisse, 1531; German text
Christ the Lord is risen again!|
Christ has broken death's strong chain!
Hark, the angels shout for joy
Singing evermore on high:
2. He who gave for us His life.
3. He who bore all pain and loss
4. He whose path no records tell|
Hath descended into hell;
He the strong man armed hath bound
And in highest heaven is crowned.
5. He who slumbered in the grave
6. Now He bids us tell abroad
7. Thou our Paschal Lamb indeed,|
Christ, today Thy people feed;
Take our sins and guilt away
That we all may sing for aye:
| Hymn Index | Home Page |