Unknown, c.1673; allesisa.html">German text
All depends on our possessing|
God's abundant grace and blessing,
Though all earthly wealth depart.
He who trusts with faith unshaken
In His God is not forsaken
And e'er keeps a dauntless heart.
2. He who hitherto hath fed me
3. Many spend their lives in fretting
4. When with sorrow I am stricken,|
Hope my heart anew will quicken,
All my longing shall be stilled.
To His loving-kindness tender
Soul and body I surrender;
For in Him alone I build.
5. Well He knows what best to grant me;
6. If on earth my days He lengthen,
| Hymn Index | Home Page |