John Keble, 1856
Word Supreme, before creation|
Born of God eternally,
Who didst will for our salvation
To be born on earth and die,
Well Thy saints have kept their station,
Watching till Thine hour drew nigh.
2. Now 'tis come. and faith espies Thee;
3. He upon Thy bosom lying
4. He first, hoping and believing,|
Did beside the grave adore;
Latest he, the warfare leaving,
Landed on the eternal shore;
And his witness we receiving,
Own Thee Lord forevermore.
5. Much he asked in loving wonder,
6. Lo, heaven's doors lift up, revealing
7. Thee, the almighty King eternal,|
Father of the eternal Word,
Thee, the Father's Word supernal,
Thee, of both the Breath adored,
Heaven and earth and realms infernal
Own one glorious God and Lord. Amen.
| Song Index | Home Page |