Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
Who shall ascend thy heav'nly place,|
Great God, and dwell before thy face?
The man that minds religion now,
And humbly walks with God below.
2. Whose hands are pure, whose heart is clean,
3. Scarce will he trust an ill report,
4. Firm to his word he ever stood,|
And always makes his promise good;
Nor dares to change the thing he swears,
Whatever pain or loss he bears.
5. He never deals in bribing gold,
6. He loves his enemies, and prays
7. Yet, when his holiest works are done,|
His soul depends on grace alone:
This is the man thy face shall see,
And dwell for ever, Lord, with thee.
| Song Index | Home Page |