Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
While men grow bold in wicked ways,|
And yet a God they own,
My heart within me often says,
"Their thoughts believe there's none."
2. Their thoughts and ways at once declare,
3. What strange self-flatt'ry blinds their eyes!
4. Thy justice shall maintain its throne,
5. Above the heav'ns' created rounds,|
Thy mercies, Lord, extend;
Thy truth outlives the narrow bounds
Where time and nature end.
6. Safety to man thy goodness brings,
7. From thee, when creature-streams run low.
8. Though all created light decay,
| Song Index | Home Page |