Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
When the great Judge, supreme and just,|
Shall once inquire for blood,
The humble souls that mourn in dust
Shall find a faithful God.
2. He from the dreadful gates of death
3. His foes shall fall, with heedless feet,
4. Thus, by thy judgments, mighty God,
5. The wicked shall sink down to hell;|
Thy wrath devour the lands
That dare forget thee, or rebel
Against thy known commands.
6. Though saints to sore distress are brought,
7. Rise, great Redeemer, from thy seat,
8. Thy thunder shall affright the proud,
| Song Index | Home Page |