Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
When Isr'el sins, the Lord reproves|
And fills their hearts with dread;
Yet he forgives the men he loves,
And sends them heav'nly bread.
2. He fed them with a lib'ral hand,
3. The manna, like a morning shower,
4. But they in murm'ring language said,
5. "Ye shall have flesh to please your lust,"|
The Lord in wrath replied,
And sent them quails like sand or dust,
Heaped up from side to side.
6. He gave them all their own desire,
7. When some were slain, the rest returned
8. Oft he chastised and still forgave,
| Song Index | Home Page |