Joseph Addison, 1712
When all thy mercies, O my God,|
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view, I'm lost
In wonder, love, and praise.
2. Oh, how shall words with equal warmth
3. Thy Providence my life sustained,
4. To all my weak complaints and cries
5. Unnumbered comforts on my soul
6. When in the slippery paths of youth
7. Through hidden dangers, toils, and deaths,|
It gently cleared my way;
And through the pleasing snares of vice,
More to be feared than they.
8. When worn with sickness, oft hast thou
9. Thy bounteous hand with wordly bliss
10. Ten thousand thousand precious gifts
11. Through every period of my life
12. When nature falls, and day and night
13. Through all eternity, to thee|
A grateful song I'll raise;
But O eternity's too short
To utter all thy praise!
| Song Index | Home Page |