Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
We love thee, Lord, and we adore;|
Now is thine arm revealed:
Thou art our strength, our heav'nly tower,
Our bulwark, and our shield.
2. We fly to our eternal Rock,
3. When God, our Leader, shines in arms,
4. He rides upon the winged wind,
5. He speaks, and at his fierce rebuke|
Whole armies are dismayed;
His voice, his frown, his angry look,
Strikes all their courage dead.
6. He forms our generals for the field,
7. He arms our captains to the fight,
8. Oft has the Lord whole nations blessed
| Song Index | Home Page |