Isaac Watts, 1674-1748
The Lord, the Judge, his churches warns,|
Let hypocrites attend and fear,
Who place their hope in rites and forms,
But make not faith nor love their care.
2. Vile wretches dare rehearse his name
3. They watch to do their neighbors wrong,
4. To heav'n they lift their hands unclean,|
Defiled with lust, defiled with blood;
By night they practise every sin,
By day their mouths draw near to God.
5. And while his judgments long delay,
6. O dreadful hour! when God draws near
| Song Index | Home Page |