There was a knight both young and fair,|
Came riding o'er the hill
As he rode out one May morning
To see what he could kill.
Blow away the morning dew
Dew and the dew
Blow away the morning dew.
2. He look-ed high, he look-ed low,
3. If you take me to my father's house,
4. He mounted on his milk white steed,|
And she upon another
And then they rode off down the lane
Like sister and like brother.
5. But when she reached her father's gate,
6. My father keeps a rooster but it
7. So if you meet a pretty girl
| Song Index | Home Page |